Sunday, December 2, 2007

Begin at the Beginning...

Well, the journey of a thousand hops begins with one foot cocked oddly in the air, and the other teeter-tottering with all one's weight. And so too, does this webcartoon have its own beginning.

I've been kicking around the idea of doing a little comic of my own for some time, and even did some strips some months ago but never got around to posting them. And then I saw the Gaiman speak last week at the Ad Congress. (Read that here.) I decided it was time I get off my ass and start.

So I hurriedly made short comic for Neil (too familiar? Let's call him the Sandman, then) and gave it to him in thanks at the book signing the following Saturday. When I handed it to him---I expected him to thank me put it aside, and resume signing.
But he took it---and stopped.


And read it.

And said, "That is actually very funny."

I burbled something unintelligible and probably embarrassing, he smiled and signed my Absolute Sandman Vol.1, drawing Dream on it. Then he looked at me and said, "Good luck!"

That's when I knew there wasn't any chance I couldn't try this out.

So here's the comic I handed him that day. I thought it was as good a strip to start with as any.

2 comments:

orangefishy said...

wooooow!!! my love is sooooo galing!

Anonymous said...

That's pretty cute. I like it. Keeping you busy and off the streets. =P